Tuesday 1 September 2015

Fitzpatrick's Bar & restaurant

I usually don't do pubs or restaurants reviews (I just enjoy eating and drinking in them!), but this time is different. I was so amazed by this place that I just had to let the whole world know about it.

When the kids were in France we decided to go to Carlingford, and on the way back we stopped for dinner in Fitzpatrick's pub. The place already looked fantastic from the outside, and that's why we decided to stop there. Trust me, we weren't disappointed.

First of all, if you like flowers, you're in for a treat! There are flowerbeds pretty much all around the pub, in different settings.






It was a beautiful sunny day, so we decided to eat outside, and discovered many more interesting decorations at the back of the pub...







That's all well and good, but what about the food?  Fabrice had the fish and chips, and I settled on a Prawn Caesar salad. I asked the waitress how big was the main course, and she advised I would better off taking it as a starter because portions were big. Well, she was right, and I didn't even finish my plate! I have to say, the prices are a bit expensive, but the food was absolutely gorgeous. The staff were nice and the service was fast even if the place was full.

I didn't take pictures inside the restaurant, only because I didn't want people to think I was crazy. There are old cameras hanging out from the ceiling, and a lot of bric-a-brac in pretty much every corner. It does look a bit crowded but I love old memorabilia, and I could have stayed around for hours just looking at everything.

Even the toilets have something to offer...
 

 
 
Another great thing about that place is the small animal farm they have on the other side. Kids can go around and look at the sheep, poneys, chickens, deers and birds (Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures). There is also a kennel, which means you can leave your dog while you're having lunch.

We went back with the kids at the week-end and ordered ice-cream for them and a couple of drinks for us. When we went to pay, we were told the ice-creams were complimentary. How much better can it get?!

This is definitely a great spot (and I haven't been paid for saying that!). Yes, it is a bit expensive, but well worth it. So if you have an occasion coming up, why not drive down to Dundalk and experience it for yourself...