Sunday 21 August 2016

The expat holiday: Expectations vs. Reality

We are back from a two weeks holiday in France where we had a great time. Like every time we go home, we want to make the most of it and this time was no different. The thing is, even though we had the perfect trip in mind (cultural visits for the kids, aperitifs, meals with friends and nights out for us), things didn't go according to plan... I have put on 3 kilos, my liver is need of serious care and we're broke. On the plus side, we enjoyed the company of our friends and family and we loaded the car with an insane amount of wine and food. We might not have any money left until our next pay day, but we won't die of hunger or thirst!

To sum up our holidays, I created an infographic that I'm sure a lot of expats will be able to relate to. Please be indulgent, it's the first time I make something like that and I'm far from being a designer, but I thought it would be easier to show what an expat holiday is really like, rather than write a whole post about it. Let me know what you think!