Sunday 1 December 2013

Hi,

My name is Anne. I am originally from Brittany (North west of France), and I moved to Ireland in 2002. I am married and have 2 sons. I always wanted to write about my experience as a foreigner living in Ireland but when I arrived, blogs didn't exist...

A few years later, I could have started something but I concentrated on another project, which was a French blog about my husband's country, Mauritius.

As the years went by, it became more and more difficult to find ideas for that blog, and I really wanted to write more about life in Ireland. But after living in the country for more than 10 years, I couldn't talk about the usual "how to find a job, an accommodation and where to go out in Dublin..." There are plenty of blogs who do just that, and better than I would, for sure. 

What I focus on here is more of my day to day experience as a French expat mum in Ireland. I mainly talk about cultural differences, expat life, parenting and I also write some books reviews (when I have the courage to take a book and read!)

I  really wanted to write in English as well, even if it's not my first language. After all, I have spent a third of my life in Ireland and most of the time, ideas come to my mind in English, so it was only natural to blog in that language. I apologise in advance to my French friends and family who don't understand any of my posts though.

I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I enjoy writing it !

Slán go fóill !