Tuesday 17 November 2015

All I want is peace



Until tonight I wasn't sure I wanted to write about the terrorist attacks that happened in Paris on Friday night. I am still a bit shocked and in disbelief to be honest. But I just feel like, in order to move on, I have to let it out.

The fact that I live abroad is not helping. Not only I feel I can't do anything but the worse in all that is how I somehow feel disconnected. I'm not in France right now. I know what happened, I've followed every minute on the news, on Facebook, on Twitter. I have a few friends who live in Paris. I can empathize, but I cannot experience what people in France are living right now. And that's a very uneasy feeling.

On the other hand, I feel very lucky to be in Ireland right now and I cannot thank enough Irish people for the solidarity they demonstrated over the past few days. If there is something I have learned from them is resilience. Although it's not exactly the same, they have experienced atrocities first hand not that long ago when you think about it. But at the end of the day, I'm sure they tried to live their life as "normally" as they could. I think we can take a few lessons from the Irish people in this regard.

I won't get into the political aspect of it all, because it's way too complex and not for this blog, but all I will say is:

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...