Tuesday 9 December 2014

My 100th post and 1 year of blogging !

 
 
I can't believe it's been one year already. I remember thinking about starting a blog in English but I was afraid it wouldn't work. "Who would want to read stories in English about a French mum in Ireland?" I though to myself so many times...
 
It took me months (if not years) to finally take the courage and start writing. And I really thought nobody would be interested. 
I had a very insightful conversation with my mum about this blog yesterday. She was wondering why people were reading it and why they were interested in my experience as an expat in Ireland. 
At the moment, she is reading the memoirs of a Breton author, about his youth in a boarding school. So I asked her why she liked it so much.
 
"I can relate" she said. "It reminds me of my own teenage years in a boarding school".
 
It was exactly the answer I was looking for. I think people read my blog because they can relate. Maybe they are expats, French, they have kids, they know me or maybe they just like Ireland...
 
I've also realised that writing made me read a lot more. I've discovered so many great blogs along the way and I didn't suspect the Irish blogging community was so big! My greatest achievement was definitely making the final of the Blog Awards Ireland, and the awards ceremony was without a doubt one my highlights of 2014!
 
I also want to say thank you to everyone who reads and appreciate my blog. It makes me want to keep at it and not give up. Finally I want to say a very special "Merci" to Muriel, who inspired me and whose blog gave me a kick in the butt to start my own!
 
I have a few ideas for the year to come, so all I'll say is "Stay tuned!"